1 (of a solution) concentration expressed in gram equivalents of solute per liter [syn: N]
2 being within certain limits that define the range of normal functioning [syn: normalcy] [ant: abnormality]
3 expectedness as a consequence of being usual or regular or common [syn: normalcy]
4 conformity with the norm
- The state of being normal or usual; normalcy.
- Jessie was going to wear pants to school, but her brother persuaded her to wear shorts to preserve normality.
- The concentration of a solution expressed in gram equivalent weights of solute per litre of solution.
- A measure of how well an observed distribution approximates a normal distribution.
Normality may refer to:
- The property of conforming to a norm; see normal (behavior), assimilation (sociology);
- In chemistry, normality is a measure of concentration: it is equal to the number of gram equivalents of a solute per liter of solution.
- In mathematics, a normal number is, roughly speaking, a real number whose digits show a random distribution with all digits being equally likely.
- Also in mathematics, a surface normal is a line perpendicular to a surface.
- In probability theory and statistics: sampled from a normal distribution.
- Normality is an adventure video game by Gremlin Interactive.
- Normality is a tabletop roleplaying game by Hugh Dingwall and Vishãla Jekic.
appropriateness, averageness, balance, commonality, commonness, commonplaceness, contact with reality, conventionality, correctitude, correctness, currency, decencies, decency, decorousness, decorum, extensiveness, fitness, fittingness, garden variety, goodness, habitualness, healthy mind, lucid interval, lucidity, mental balance, mental equilibrium, mental health, mental hygiene, mental poise, niceness, normalcy, normalness, normativeness, ordinariness, prevalence, properness, proprieties, propriety, rampantness, rationality, reason, reasonableness, reign, rifeness, right mind, righteousness, rightness, routineness, run, sanemindedness, saneness, sanity, seemliness, senses, sober senses, sobriety, sound mind, soundness, soundness of mind, standardness, suitability, sweepingness, unexceptionality, unnoteworthiness, unremarkableness, usualness, wholesomeness, widespreadness